'Cookies' are small text files that are stored by the browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store things like user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a 'memory' for the website, so that it can recognise you when you come back and respond appropriately.
A visit to a page on this website may generate only first-party cookies - small amounts of text stored in the user's computer. By default, first-party cookies are allowed in every Web browser. If you were to disable first-party cookies, a Web site could not keep track of your activity as you move from page to page.
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser.
1 - CASTANGIA, G. - Depositi costieri nuragici della regione del Sinis nella Tarda Età del Bronzo: il sito di Su Pallosu (San Vero Milis, OR). Evidenze per una interpretazione cultuale
The archaeological dig at the coastal site of Su Pallosu in central west Sardinia has revealed the presence of a Late Bronze Age deposit of nuragic pottery in a probably ancient pond behind a sand dune. Most of the ceramic vessels are multi handled little jars with their lids. In this dissertation the author analyses the features of the ceramic archaeological record, in order to find the contextual significange of the deposition. He also compares the types of vessels with the archaeological record from protohistoric Sardinia and Italy in order to provide the site with a precise chronological location in the Late Bronze Age of Sardinia. He suggests an interpretation of the deposit as a cultual feature.
AUTHOR: Giandaniele Castangia
REFEREE: Alessandro Vanzetti (European Protohistory)
UNIVERSITY: Sapienza Università di Roma. Department of Scienze Storiche, Archeologiche e Antropologiche dell'Antichità.
DATE OF GRADUATION: 2008
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 2009
DEGREE: Laurea Triennale (B.A.)
Further papers on the site of Su Pallosu:
- CASTANGIA, G., MULARIGA, M. and STIGLITZ, A. (2020) Capo Mannu Project. Seconda campagna di scavo sul sito di Su Pallosu (San Vero Milis – OR)’, in Paglietti, G., Porcedda, F. and Gaviano, S.A. (eds.) Notizie & Scavi della Sardegna Nuragica, pp. 271-277, 2020
- CASTANGIA, G. (2013), Prima campagna di scavo del sito di Su Pallosu (San Vero Milis, OR), Traces in Time, 3, ISSN 2038-7709, online at the address https://www.archaeologicaltraces.org/index.php/2014-01-28-09-56-01/traces-in-time/31-tit-3-2013/48-tit0017.
- CASTANGIA, G. e MULARGIA, M. (2012), ‘Capo Mannu Project 2011 – Prehistoric Pottery’, Traces in Time, 2, ISSN 2038-7709, online at the address https://www.archaeologicaltraces.org/index.php/2014-01-28-09-56-01/traces-in-time/30-tit-2-2012/46-tit0006.
- CASTANGIA, G. (2012), ‘Il sito costiero di Su Pallosu (San Vero Milis - OR)’, in La preistoria e la protostoria della Sardegna, Atti della XLIV Riunione dell’Istituto Italiano di Preistoria e Protostoria, Cagliari-Barumini-Sassari, 23-28 Novembre 2009.
- CASTANGIA, G. (2011), ‘Il deposito costiero nuragico di Su Pallosu’, Tharros Felix IV, Roma: Carocci.
The papers are available at the profile of the author on Academia.edu, click here to read.